Thursday 11 October 2012

Analysis Of Digital Pack




Other Analysis;
  • Starting with the front cover we can see that there is a graffiti styled images used of instruments and it seems to be appearing from behind the artist and title of the digi pack. This is telling the audience a little about what these two artists have created here, it also tells the audience what to expect from the music inside.
  • The typology used for the artists names and the name of the album/digi pack is block capitals that also look like they could be graffiti, this links in with the overall theme of the digi pack.
  • When looking at the colour scheme throughout the pack we can see that there are three main colours used, orange, blue and white. These colours are consistent throughout the pack. A little bit of black has also been used in the pack to add another stand out effect on it. This will be something that I can think about with regards to my digi pack as I think I will have to have a colour scheme that runs throughout that ties in with my artists and his genre in order to make my digi pack as successful as this one.
  • When looking at the codes and conventions of the digi pack, on most you will find the contents of what is in the pack on the back of it and this will be something that I am going to incorporate on my digipack and the things that I will need to include on the back of my pack are; barcode, track list, explicit content sticker perhaps?, special features, recordings perhaps?, our music record label and I have to make sure that it is split into sections as to not make it confusing. So when looking at this pack I would hope to organise it in the same way so that it is easy for the audience to read unless I could make it messy and jumble it up as this could tie in with my music video in the way that it is quite random. 
  • The spines on the digi pack are quite simple as they have the artists names written down the side along with the name of the album, the DVD symbol is also there to show that there is a DVD inside, this is something useful that I may want to include on my digi pack.
  • The inside flap is much like the front on the digi pack, it connotes the content inside and what is to expect from the artist and the songs inside. As we can see the music instruments that were in the background on the front of the digi pack have disappeared and now there is just block capitals of the two artists which is bold and stands out enough on its own. This is something that I could perhaps include on my digi pack.
  • The design within the digi pack is a wallet compartment for the booklet, another wallet for the tracks and then a final CD holder for the DVD. I think this is a perfect design for a digi pack and I think that this is very close to how I want my digi pack to look.
  • The theme of the digi pack carries on throughout with the white music instrument effect used throughout. Even of the CD and DVD the colour theme is also carried through to good effect as i think this is what stands out the most to me when I look at the inside, so I think that this is something for me to think about with regards to my digi pack, possible having a stand out colour used on my CD that makes it stand out compared to the rest of the digi pack.



No comments:

Post a Comment